Friday, June 24, 2011

Feature Friday: Kelli

      I met Kelli at a garage sale and instantly loved this outfit! I asked if I could snap a pic to share of course. I adore leopard prints and love that she paired the cardi with a polka dot skirt!

     Here are a few more photos she wanted to share and her mom style advice for funky fun loving style that she embodies:



     "Sweater: I always carry a light sweater where ever I go. I find air conditioning to be too much and like to be prepared. This one is from Old Navy, on clearance for about $12.

Tanks were hand me downs. I do a clothing swap every year and it is so fun to get all my lady friends together for food and wine. We all bring clothing we no longer want and swap away. Then whatever isn't claimed by the end of the evening gets donated. 

Skirt: I love skirts and dresses. I find them more comfortable and more suited for my body than shorts. Plus you can wear them any season with tights and boots. This is my favorite for the summer this year. It is from banana republic, on sale for $15.

Shoes: These are my easy peasy converse one stars for summer. They are great because I am always having to take my shoes on and off to help the little man in and out of the sandbox or baby pool. I got them on Goodwill for $2.

I would define my style as easy, comfortable and a little funky. My mother always giggled at the outfits that I would pick out as a child and I think that good attention stuck with me. I love fun colors and patterns. But with kids you must keep it simple and easy to get around in. I have never been into tight clothing or heels. I love to be able to be spontaneous with my days so I want fun clothing that I can dance, cook, make art or be chill in. Whatever the day may bring. I love necklaces, scarves and earrings but haven't gotten back in the habit  of wearing them. I still carry Greysan in the ergo on my back most days and those grabby fingers deter me from adding to his temptation. 

I love to shop at Garage sales, goodwill, cactus flower and other second hand places. I shop there mostly for economical reasons to feed my clothing addition on a budget. I also shop at these places because I love vintage dresses. I have currently cut myself off from dress shopping until I wear the heck out of the ones I have. 

I do save up for a good shopping spree at Banana republic and to purchase great dresses from where my husband works, Global Gifts. I try to shop ecologically and socially responsible (Banana republic not included). 

I think it is very important for mom's to remember what they love and what their passions are and to make time for them. For me that is a good night out with my girl friends, cooking really great whole food, tearing up my yard to someday have a beautiful garden space and maintaining my fashion style. Things for yourself take some planning and a little longer when you are a mom but are well worth the time and energy!"
 
Well said! Kelli has a toddler son and is a teacher at Harmony school.

No comments:

Post a Comment