Monday, June 27, 2011

Farm fresh summer do tutorial

 This is a tutorial for the hairstyle I rocked yesterday. And okay, pretty much every day...First off, meet my trusty assistant. If I'm in the bathroom, she's there. If I'm trying to type, she's there, stabbing the keys with an Industrial Sharpie. And sticking charcoal pencils in my coffee. Yum.
 Here's what you need: pony tail holder, a few bobby pins, one or 2 Goody Spin Pins are great too. Basic hairspray, a few clipped blossoms, and a rat tail comb. If you have fly aways like me, try  John Frieda Fly Away Tamer is awesome, as long as you're not out in the wind. (Hey, Chicago!)
 Comb your hair an put it in a high ponytail.
 Tease the tail with the rat tail comb. A lot.
 Now wrap it into a circle and pin the end under. If you have a Spin Pin, twist it right through the middle. Then secure the edges with bobby pins. I use about 6.

 TIP: I spray the pins liberally with hairspray before putting them in. They stay exactly where I put them instead of slipping put as soon as I get in the car.
Now spray the flower stem with hairspray, push it into your bun and secure it with another bobby pin.
 Spray the whole head lightly with hair spray.
 Now if you are taming fly aways, brush a tiny amount around you hairline.
All done! I love doing this style on it's own, but it's even better with a few fresh flowers. You smell good. And as my friend Sandee said yesterday, "You look like a painting."

No comments:

Post a Comment