Thursday, July 7, 2011

Feature Friday- Kim

My dear friend Kim is so much fun-and she's not afraid to show some spirit in her fashion! She's a church lady AND fabulous. See, you can have it all! I really loved this outfit she wore in Chicago. It should be a go to for her, very flattering, comfortable and easy. Black silk top and dark denim with cute and comfy black sandals.
     On her look,  Kim says,  "occasionally I splurge and get a pedicure. With my flat feet this is actually almost medical care. Shop around and find a place you like and then figure what you can spend and stick to the limit. Once or twice a season I can swing this. Once every 2-3 years I get a manicure for a special occasion, this year it was for our Chicago trip.I just felt snazzy with french tips and my "happy toes" and if that isn't in the budget then just do them yourself...my toes are always painted because it makes me happy to know my toes look good whether you can see them or not.


I've always loved jewelry. Sometimes I've loved it a little too much, but I'm learning to match it to the outfit so it's an accessory rather than a huge statement all by itself. My bracelet was a gift from April and Ava... the charms are mostly from my mom, either hers from her old charm bracelet or new ones she bought for me. I have a number of other charms from a dear friend who passed away from breast cancer. I really cherish her charms as they remind me of her sweet character.
Multi-colored wrap top $18.00 on sale and with a discount, black cami $12.00, shorts are from a few years back and I don't recall. Shoes are the killer at a true bargain of $120. The clerk was very gracious. Danskos are costly, but wear well, suit my feet and my lifestyle. Plus who can turn up their noses at cute black patent strappy sandals?"

       Exactly! I like to think of "cost per wear" instead of the price-if you can afford to lay out $120 and you'll use these for years, it will be cheaper than getting a new cheaper pair every year because you sacrifice the quality. Thanks again Kim! If you would like to check out Kim's blog, you can find her here!

No comments:

Post a Comment