Saturday, July 9, 2011

What I wore this week

 Tee, Old Navy, 5. Shorts, American Eagle clearance, 12. Birks, eBay, 60. Necklace, Anthropologie, 38 (gift $) Hat, Eugenia Kim for Target, 16 (gift $) Green ring, borrowed from my sister. Ironic but true-as I'm editing this I'm wearing the same outfit this week, with a scarf!



 Birthday party outfit-Dress, 20, Target. Apron, gift. (for frosting the cake) Birks are what I wear all day in the house-they make up for the high shoes I wear mostly just Sunday morning. My feet are in great shape.
Leopard sandals, 25, Target (gift $) Anthropologie necklace again, Ray Ban wayfarers, gift.

 Top, Gap, gift. Jeans, 90, Mavi (gift $) Shoes, BCBG, TJ Maxx, 40? Necklace, Anthropologie.


 Birks again, Dress, 15, Target. Necklace, custom made as a gift by my friend Seja B
Picasso tat, 40:)

As you can see, most of what I wear is older. The dresses were bought after each of my girls were born, because they are a good solution for my shape when losing weight. But they still look flattering now. I have only bought a Johnny cash tee, swimsuit and a few small accessories this year (that were not with gift money!) and that is the great thing about dressing for your needs, not trends. What looks good on you doesn't change drastically from year to year (pregnancy aside!), so once you figure out what you like, it's so easy to just add in a few things here and there. I am all about updating your look with trendy things, but it's a better fit for most of us to do that on a small scale. I think the trendiest things I have shown here are the wedges (3years old) and hat (last spring). Although because they are styles and colors that I frequently wear, they don't look too outdated. (Right??)

No comments:

Post a Comment