Friday, July 15, 2011

Feature Friday- Abra

Hi there lovelies! I'm Abra, a mama to two little girls ages 2.5  and 9 months. I like to get together with April about once a week so our girls can share dress up clothes and eat treats together. It's quite fun! Here's a little bit about my favorite outfit right now...



 A family tradition of ours is to attend the Farmer's Market every Saturday if we can. I knew it was going to be hot, hot, hot, so I went with comfy, light clothes. A lot of times I like to dress in a neutral palette and then add color with accessories, sort of like I do with my house. The deep blue tank is J.Crew, I scored on clearance last fall for around $10. The gray skirt is a recent purchase from Urban Outfitters on sale for $14, I have a feeling this is going to be a staple piece in my closest. I'm loving it with a top tucked in. The yellow-mustard colored sandals are also from Urban Outfitters, on sale for $14. It is one of my favorite colors right now, to wear and decorate with! The necklace is handmade from Uganda and was a gift, it holds a special place in my heart. The ring is hard to see, but it's vintage and has a gorgeous yellow stone in the middle, I bought from an antique dealer for $30. The yellow stud earrings are from Etsy.com, and were gifted.

And just a few thoughts on style for mamas... I think it is so, so important to spend an extra five minutes a day making yourself feel confident, in which ever way that is for you. Whether it's lipstick, curling your hair, wearing your favorite shirt even if you just wore it yesterday. When I feel better about myself, I have the mindset that I can do anything including tackling being the best mom I can be. It's not about being materialistic or trying to draw attention to yourself, but feeling confident. Because you ARE one awesome gal.

*LOVE this thought. Thanks for reminding us that it IS okay to invest a little time into your appearance!*
You can find more about me over at my blog, Better Than Cupcakes, where I like to show off my two little girls and celebrate the little moments in life, house decorating and vintage finds as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment