Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Why we homeschool....

...doesn't have a lot to do with academics for me. (At least not in kindergarten!)
If you know my heart, it is a lifestyle choice, not based on textbooks but on the opportunity to give my kids the best life. 
A slow breakfast, sitting in the sunshine and reflecting on Gods big beautiful creation, while eating healthy home made sourdough bread and blueberry jam. Not home made by me for them, but with them. 
The chance to eat together. To talk about life. To learn how to be a big kid, how to love on a little kid, how to use a napkin. If you don't think the last is important, you've never eaten with my kids!
This morning, C said to A, "for Halloween, you can be belle. I'M GOING TO BE THE BEAST!"
I also love that they can develop their own style, perspective, gifts and mission. While eating crackers in the street. Whatever. 
I really love having the freedom to go for a walk, to splash in puddles, and talk about Creation without the stress of schedules and homework and to just GO. 
My girls are also learning to think of others. They are learning service. Baking for the sick, bringing cards and cookies to friends and neighbors. They made these gingerbread cookies for friends who are moving out of town. They call him "red head ginger bread" and made a box of gingerbread cookies that look portraits of them! I think that is about the cutest. thing. ever!!
But I'm totally biased. 

This is what I love about homeschooling this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment