Saturday, February 1, 2014

Birthday dinner tradition!

Every year, for the last few years, I make my mom a home cooked dinner for her birthday instead of giving her a gift. 
It's a good tradition, because my mom hates cooking! I always get out the crystal, silver, etc. I buy flowers for the table. 
This year, I made fried chicken. 
It was delicious. It was heavenly!
Just ask this guy!
Strawberry spinach salad
And speaking of heaven, STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CHIMICHANGAS. I would eat these every.single.day. 
I used the china I bought with my mom at our historical society tag sale this summer, the tablecloth I thrifted with my sister, and hot pink carnations.
Carns are the birth flower for January, and pink ones mean affection. If you're into that sort of thing!
What birthday traditions do you have in among your family? I always love to hear a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment