Monday, June 13, 2011

face it, nobody's perfect.

      This post is for all those people who say, "You're so pretty! You have great skin-wish mine was as clear as yours!" Good news-you can fake it, just like me. To tide us over till I can book my beauty junkie sis, here are my secrets to "clear skin" And yes I realize my complexion is not terrible, but I never had acne till a few years ago, and it's really frustrating! At least I have the self confidence at this age (as opposed to being a teen ager) to get over myself. To some degree...
     So this is me with moisturizer and Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. LOVE! that stuff!
      First of all, finding the perfect concealer is  key. I got this (Boiing by Benefit) at Sephora in Chicago. It was a little pricey, but WORTH IT...can you see the difference?
 Next I use a kabuki brush to apply Bare Minerals powder and blend over the entire face. Because I like to let my freckles show as much as possible, I only use a smidge.
     Maybelline cheapo blond eyebrow pencil, Nars blush, Maybelline H.I.P. lipgloss and Bare Escentuals mascara.

     I have switched almost all my make up purchases from drugstore brands to buying at Sephora over the last few years. Dealing with adult-onset acne, little kids who don't allow much making-up time and early signs of aging, along with being able to rely on the product and not having to try ten different things and deal with returning what doesn't work has made this splurge totaly worth it!
     I know it's pricey, but fortunately my mom usually buys me gifts after ASKING what I want. So I have been getting make up for Christmas and my birthday...and only occasionally filling in what I need between the two. Which actually SAVES the money I was spending on drugstore make up...

     Do you splurge or save on your make up? Anything great you just love? Do tell!

3 comments:

  1. Most of my makeup is Maybelline... minus a very nice sephora eye liner and some very sheer moisturizer my MIL bought me (can't recall the brand, might be Shaklee). White conceealer under the eyes to cover allergy "bags" is my big trick to make myself not look so hideous. Also, not foundation any more unless it's a special night out, I'm using the Maybeline version of a "Bare Minerals" base/powder. I LOVE this stuff and don't feel like I'm killing my face with too much stuff on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i want to try that concealer. i never use concealer, just mineral powder too, but like you said, now that we are getting older and i'm always tired, i think some concealer could do me well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I get back from FL, (hopefully with some new makeup purchases..) I need to do the interview!

    ReplyDelete