Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Even though...

     I LoVe looking at pretty pictures and am a visually inspired person.

Even though I can't afford a lot of the things I truly love, I refuse to buy mediocre any longer. I may only wear 3 outfits over and over, but they will be outfits I love and feel confident in.

Even though I will never be a size 2, or 6, I'm happy in the size God made me. I refuse to get fat because it's easy. I refuse to let my body go just because I can. I use Wii yoga, hard work and trying to stay on my feet when I can (not hard with 2 kids!) and eating less processed and more fresh foods.

Even though I cannot afford to buy the outfits, I still love reading through fashion mags and style books. I refuse to not be inspired by things out of my reach, AND i refuse to covet things I can't afford. I will not let Satan steal the joy of being a girl by poisoning the well with comparison. (by the way, I know comparison is a HUGE issue for us ladies. And I'm not making light of it-I just try my best to put my foot down and not tolerate it.)

     Even though the "only people" I might see all day is my family and my dentist, I refuse to lose myself to practicality and the expense of my personhood. So yeah you might see me wearing a full face of make up to go to the grocery. In fact, most likely you'll never see me withOUT make up. Not because I'm insecure. Because I know that it gives me a boost and when you're a mom, you can usually use a boost!

    One of the most inspiring  books I read recently was The Ellements of Personal Style. I got it from the library! I also love The Well Dressed Home by Anette Tatum. And the blog Blonde Episodes is pretty fun too.
     What do you find inspiring, and what do you refuse to give up? I'm dying to know!

1 comment:

  1. Still looking for inspiration. Right now I am putting almost everything on hold. By the end of the summer my home life will be worked out and then I can refocus my efforts.

    I will not give up my wine. I know this is not an always good for you vice. But I love coming home and unwinding with a glass of red wine.

    ReplyDelete