Friday, January 3, 2014

Red Lipstck Days

I have the pleasure of being a guest on my friend Amy's blog this morning, check it out!

Here's a little teaser...

Joyful abandon. These two words quickly come to mind when I reflect on the pictures I see on my friend April’s Facebook wall. She wrote a comment about one of her pictures the other day that resonated with my purpose here at Middle of the Mess. She mentioned the idea of wearing red lipstick being a noteworthy event in the middle of the mundane of daily life. I felt it best that I let her elaborate on this in her own words (thanks, Denise, for the idea). I believe we can learn so much by sharing our stories with one another!
By April Strasler:
I am a stay at home, homeschooling, bread baking, art making, Instagramming mama. Most days, I am reading recipes, making grocery lists, baking, breastfeeding, making lunches, and washing diapers. I read to my kids, cook with them, and discipline them. We learn the Gospel and the words to “Danger Zone.” These are good days.
The days when I have a coffee date with a girlfriend or two, a hair appointment, or my husband watches the kids so I can go thrifting by myself? Also good.

No comments:

Post a Comment