Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I sewed a dress!


I am ridiculously happy about this dress! I bought a pattern, downloaded it and peiced it together. Then I cut the fabric, followed the directions to a T, and, with a few minor mistakes: a dress!! It even had a zipper!
I did it!!!
If you think you can't sew, you're right. But this is a beginner pattern from colette patterns, and it was ver straightforward. So if you want to try your hand, do it! The pattern name is Peony. I totally reccomend it. I got two more patterns that I'm excited to try when I find the right fabric...harder than it sounds!
This fabric is from a vintage barkcloth curtain. I bought it on eBay when I was pregnant with my 6 year old, for her nursery. Since we moved, I have no window for it. And it's perfect as a dress. 
So that is the story of my Scarlett Ohara dress. Tights, Old Navy. Boots, Frye via eBay. 
Then this happened. Quickly followed by this:)

No comments:

Post a Comment